Re: bug reports with urls in them

Hi,

On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 8:45 AM, Michael Welle <mwe012008@gmx.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org> writes:
>
>> On Sun, Apr 01, 2012 at 11:31:49AM +0200, Michael Welle wrote:
>>> Anyways, what if I want to report a bug that happens if I use foo.org?
>>
>> We can discuss this again once this is actually the case.
> chances that users without technical background come back and report
> that bug a second time (after figuring out what might be wrong) are slim
> I think.

How do you suggest we fix this? We certainly can't disable spam
filters or we'll be flooded with spam. If you follow debian-devel, you
must also know that a web reporting frontend was discussed in length
already, so hopefully this won't be brought up again.

I'm not sure it's a problem even worth discussing. The trouble of
coming up with a solution seems much bigger than the inconvenience of
missing an odd report here and there (I'd be curious to know how often
a report is wrongfully rejected).

Also, let's be practical. If the reporter doesn't realize something
went wrong with the report, he or she is most likely not very
tech-savvy. Those reports are still mostly useful, but in a sea of bug
reports, those are often the least useful. And if the reporter does
notice that the report has been wrongfully rejected but can't be
bothered to report it again, perhaps the issue wasn't such a big deal.

I'm not saying it's good that we miss reports like this, but we must
put things into perspective.

Regards,