Re: On init in Debian

* Uoti Urpala <uoti.urpala@pp1.inet.fi> [2012-03-23 19:44]:

> IMO your upstart advocacy and anti-systemd FUD crosses the line between
> having your own opinions and having your own facts.

Could you please mind your words. Your style of discussion is very
hostile!

There was neither FUD nor advocacy in Steves mail and no hostile
attitude towards systemd.

In contrast to your systemd advocacy as the new default init Steve
outlined the necessary changes to provide upstart as an alternative to
sysvinit for those that want to use it without making it default for
everyone.

The RHEL 6 uses upstart [1] and while it is true that Fedora is using
systemd I could not find any evidence that RHEL intends to change any
time soon.

yours Martin

[1]
https://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Migration_Planning_Guide/ch04s02.html