Bug#664595: RFH: php5
PHP5 is a widely-used general-purpose scripting language that is
especially suited for Web development and can be embedded into HTML.
The goal of the language is to allow web developers to write
dynamically generated pages quickly.
Using PHP? Loving PHP? Feeling like having too much free time?
I WANT YOU FOR PHP MAINTAINER TEAM
<contact your nearest recruiting station>
<or the pkg-php-maint mailing list>
We constantly need help with:
- triaging and fixing reported bugs in Debian (not bad we only have
83 open bugs :)
- reporting upstream bugs to upstream bugtracker
- doing upstream SVN archealogy with a toothbrush looking for fixes
- checking upstream tests and fixing bugs we introduced in our patches
- helping to prepare security uploads for stable releases
- helping our reverse dependencies to keep working when major version
is introduced (recently PHP 5.4)
Please be aware that we are not looking for someone who can
upload&forget. Packaging PHP can be tedious work and sometimes the
maintainers burn faster than gasoline.
on behalf of the PHP packaging team