wrong correspondence between Packages and Translation-en [was: Re: Description-less Packages indices]

Hi Ian,

On 21/02/2012 15:30, Ian Jackson wrote:

I support the dak change to split off the long descriptions into their
own files.

Packages (P) and Translation-en (T) have some differences, I don't understand that there are correct:
* some packages are in P, but not in T (today I don't found one);
* some packages are in T, but not in P (lib32z1);
* some packages are in T and P but with different versions (libace-6.0.1);
* some packages have more versions in T than in P (eog-plugins);
* ...

Is this correct?

I'm writing a script and I'm expecting a perfect correspondence between Packages and Translation-en.

I don't know if this issue can generate trouble in DDTSS or others Debian parts.

Ciao
Davide

--
Dizionari: http://linguistico.sourceforge.net/wiki