Status on cdebconf? Available information is circa `06. Can it be used as a drop-in, at this point?

How close is cdebconf able to serve as a drop-in replacement for
debconf? As of 06` it apparently was not, but it's been about 6 years
from that time. I would assume the status has changes since then, but by
how much?

Most of the internet information around cdebconf is circa 06`, or I was
just unable to find its location. Please mention if recent
documentation, or FAQ, is available.

Thanks for any help, I really appreciate it.

-J.

--
J.M. Becker
zilla@techzilla.info