Re: upstart: please update to latest upstream version

Am 07.03.2012 23:34, schrieb Michael Biebl:
On 07.03.2012 22:46, Steve Langasek wrote:
On Wed, Mar 07, 2012 at 10:24:39AM +0100, Michael Biebl wrote:

It's rather easy to confuse upstart's process tracking. You
explicitly have to tell upstart if a daemon forks once or twice
(expect daemon, expect fork) and if the daemon forks multiple
children upstart often doesn't get it right.

[...]

Especially the dbus type is very neat. I don't think upstart supports
something similar like that.

Reading through my message again, it seems I managed to turn that discussion into systemd vs upstart (again). That's something I down want and I'm not interested in, so I'm sorry for that and I hope we can just leave it at that.

What I'm actually interested in, is how we can get away from sysvinit to something more suitable for todays needs while solving the problem for our non-Linux ports.

universe are pointed away from Earth?