Re: A DM/DD should know how to watch his mouth (code of conduct).

Sergio Cipolla <secipolla@gmail.com> writes:

> I'm just a Debian user for some years and I'm writing to this list
> because I found that at
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=660814 the Debian
> Multimedia maintainer Fabian Greffrath was very wrong, by being not
> only wrong in what he said but also very impolite.
> I wrote to a follow-up of that bug report (
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=660924 ) about what I
> thought of it:
> "Fabian, who do you think you are to call d-m-o's packages as 'crappy'?
> d-m-o is a traditional and very respected 3rd party repository for
> Debian and has been for years.
> I can't tell the same of you.

Er... the first person to use the word "crappy" in that entire bug
discussion is, um, you.  Usually when you put quote marks around things
that's supposed to indicate that it's a quote.

That whole bug discussion is rather frustrating due to a collection of
misunderstandings and misconceptions that weren't made easier by a very
aggressive bug reporter, but it looks like it mostly got sorted out.  I'm
not seeing, in that thread, what you're upset about; Fabian could have
probably phrased a few things better, but he de-escalated a
confrontational bug report reasonably well.