Re: Enabling hardened build flags for Wheezy

On Fri, Mar 02, 2012 at 07:25:25PM +0100, Moritz Mühlenhoff wrote:
> Kees Cook <kees@debian.org> schrieb:
> > In the mean time, I'll continue to work on the crappy
> > heuristic checks. ;)
>
> Shall we move hardening-check to devscripts, now that
> dpkg-buildflags slowly trickles into standard Debian
> development practice?

I'm not sure -- I'd like it out of hardening-includes just so that the
whole hardening-wrapper source package can be deprecated, but lintian
needs to have a Depend on whatever ships hardening-check. I think it
might be rather extreme to have lintian depend on devscripts, though.

I was pondering shipping it in lintian, but I'd like it to live in
/usr/bin. I guess it could just be its own source package.

-Kees

--
Kees Cook                                            @debian.org