Re: A few observations about systemd

Uoti Urpala <uoti.urpala@pp1.inet.fi> writes:

> I think it's quite arrogant of BSD users to expect others to work to
> support their systems. The BSD userbase is small enough that most
> projects have alternative things to work on that help a lot more people
> than BSD support would. Trying to support extra platforms the
> maintainers themselves never use does have a real negative effect on the
> rest of a project.

By that reasonsing we should not support bsd, hurd, mips, arm, ppc,
ia64, s390 either. Hell lets drop i386 too.

Experience has shown that supporting more than just the majority
architecture has real positive effects too.

> It's definitely arrogant for users of other operating systems to try to
> obstruct people from using better technology on Linux. It's not like
> there would be anything equaling the quality of systemd that would run
> on BSD. It's not your place to say that people shouldn't get to use it
> on Linux, or that Linux users should have to work on BSD support to be
> allowed to use it now.

It is equaly arrogant to say that people must use it on Linux and screw
BSD users.

So lets cut the arrogance out, on both sides, please.

MfG
        Goswin