user removal in postrm

Hi there.

I have the question about user removal in package's postrm script.

Is this correct?

I see the following scenario:

Package creates user for internal use only, and there will be no files
owned by this user left after package removal. In this case there will
be no problem if we remove user on package purge.

But some packages do not remove all files on removal. E.g. mailman or
mysql may leave it's databases, or torrent client (in system-wide
daemon mode) should not remove files it downloaded.
If such packages remove user, files will be owned by unnamed uid, and
this uid will be used by the next installed package.
I think this is not correct.

So what is the common way? I see nothing about this in Policy.

--
Best regards,
 Alexander GQ Gerasiov

 Contacts:
 e-mail:    gq@cs.msu.su             Jabber:  gq@jabber.ru
 Homepage:  http://gq.net.ru         ICQ:     7272757
 PGP fingerprint: 04B5 9D90 DF7C C2AB CD49  BAEA CA87 E9E8 2AAC 33F1