Re: upstart: please update to latest upstream version

On Wed, 22 Feb 2012, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz <glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de>
wrote:
> It's not unusual for NFS mounts to fail to mount during startup due to
> race conditions, so users would end up without their home directory
> after a reboot from time to time. It's quite nice to have systemd take care
> of that.

That is a problem that most of us have been solving with automount for years.
The kernel features that systemd uses for checking filesystems during the boot
process were developed for automount/autofs and the most common use of them
has been for NFS.

I think that systemd is a good thing, but it's not needed to do automatic
mounting.