Re: Problems converting a library to Multi-Arch

On 2012-02-20, Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> wrote:
> However, you've probably noticed that the wiki page you've referenced,
><http://wiki.debian.org/Multiarch/Implementation>, doesn't provide any
> guidance on how to do this for cmake.  If there is a standard way to set
> target library directories with cmake, I don't know what it is.  Perhaps you
> or someone else on the list who's familiar with cmake can work that out and
> provide recommendations on the wiki page.

Quite many people using CMake has libraries installed into
${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/lib${LIB_SUFFIX}, so people using that will not
have any simple way of doing things.

There is a GNUInstallDirs file that sets various variables like
CMAKE_INSTALL_LIBDIR, but that one hasn't yet been taught about
multiarch directories in the version in Debian. The next CMake release
(2.8.8) will as far as I know support CMAKE_INSTALL_LIBDIR with
multiarch paths.

Maybe we can get the maintainer to cherry-pick the patch from upstream
in the meantime. It's 43f83d2ee523a38648322f629559694c71d5bb52

/Sune