Re: Multiarch file overlap summary and proposal

On 2012-02-14 07:43, Russ Allbery wrote:
> [...]
>
> * Lintian should recognize arch-qualified override files, and multiarch:
>   same packages must arch-qualify their override files.  debhelper
>   assistance is desired for this.
>
> [...]

I have no problem with Lintian accepting arch-qualified override files,
but I do not see the "strict" (i.e. "must") requirement[1].  Lintian
already allows you to do arch-specific overrides and 2.5.5 will even
allow architecture wildcards as well[2].

~Niels

[1] Exception being compressed override files, but of the 161 override
files on my system not a single one of them are compressed.

[2] http://lintian.debian.org/manual/section-2.4.html#section-2.4.1

Admittedly the link above does not have an example with it, but Lintian
(git) has an entire "section" dedicated to architecture specific
overrules.  So there will be several examples with next release.  :)