Re: severity for bugs in ignoring TMP/TMPDIR?

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 11:29 PM, Jon Dowland wrote:

> If $TMPDIR is not set, /tmp is a reasonable default, so I'd expect a *lot*
> of matches for '/tmp' in programs with correct behaviour.

I get the impression that directly hardcoding /tmp/ usually indicates
that safe temporary file/dir functions are not being used. Usually
there isn't any point in hardcoding /tmp/ if you are using those
functions, since they respect TMPDIR and fall back on /tmp/ anyway.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise