Re: Use of the first person in messages from the computer

Ian Jackson <ijackson@chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:
> Finally, the reviewer revealed in the review that they're not a native
> speaker of English.  Is it normal for l10n reviews to be conducted by
> non-native speakers of the target language ?  Are we really so short
> of native English speaking l10n reviewers ?  If so I would be happy to
> help (although you may find me too opinionated...)

Hmmm, while it may not be the best thing to have a non-native speaker
in charge of wording, I think it actually _is_ useful to have their
input.  Sometimes language that seems pretty obvious to a native
speaker isn't clear at all to many non-native speakers (even if
they're fairly competent)...

-miles

--
Discriminate, v.i. To note the particulars in which one person or thing is,
if possible, more objectionable than another.