Re: Doesn't contain source for waf binary code

On Wed, Feb 08, 2012 at 11:51:50AM +0000, Jon Dowland wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 08, 2012 at 10:47:13AM +0100, Alexander Reichle-Schmehl wrote:
> > I have no idea, but I'm not really sure if it's a good idea to remove
> > samba either...
> Absolutely not.  They might be persuade-able away from waf though.
Waf has worked very well for Samba, and I don't see us moving away
any time soon.

The main developer of Waf upstream is indeed often hard to work with - and
I think that's been its main disadvantage so far - but with some patience we've
always been able to work things out when we disagreed.

I'd rather see if we can do something constructive that works for both
waf upstream and Debian.

Cheers,

Jelmer