Re: Linux 3.2 in wheezy

On 02/03/2012 08:53 PM, Adam Borowski wrote:
>> ssh works.
> It triples the memory footprint of an empty Debian container (init + syslogd +
> cron[1]), and adds a new daemon that can be potentially subverted.
> Of course, usually sshd is strongly preferred (so much better than needing
> near-full privileges on the host!) but for many uses you don't need to log
> in to the guest for non-administrative tasks.
> [1]. Yeah, cron is something you could shave away too if you really wanted;
> not worth the hassle though.
Are you trying to make the point that, with containers,
you wouldn't need ssh, and you would with VMs? If so,
that's at least not turth with Xen (xm console <domain>,
which can easily be granted using the dom0 ssh server
and few sudo tricks).

If I'm interpreting wrongly what you wrote above, then
please explain, I'd be happy to understand! :)