Re: mass bug filing of 'deluser/delgroup: command not found' errors detected by piuparts

Lars Wirzenius wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 02, 2012 at 05:09:42PM +0000, PICCA Frédéric-Emmanuel wrote:
> > In that case you got his kind of piuparts error [1], if you did not
> > remove the homedir of the previously added user.
> >
> > What is the right fice for this ?
>
> The proper way to fix this is to change piuparts to not complain
> about home directories that belong to system users created during
> the package install.

Almost all system users should use a non-existent home directory, which
solves the problem for those users.  And in cases like the one linked to
from footnote [1] above, I think rm -rf on purge seems like the right
solution, even if the user/group itself sticks around.  Most of the time
packages shouldn't leave data around when purged, even if they leave
users around just in case something else uses the UID.

- Josh Triplett