Re: Summary of C++ symbols experience (was: Do symbols make sense for C++)

On Sáb 28 Ene 2012 02:28:25 Russ Allbery escribió:
[snip]
> 2. Build and upload this version of the package.  Now wait for all the
>    buildds to fail (because they will, on probably nearly every other
>    architecture than your local one).

Sometimes we may expect FTBFSs due to changes in other archs toolchains not
catched by the local arch, like missing symbols. This is when this may come
handy:

override_dh_makeshlibs:
        dh_makeshlibs -- -c0

If in your local arch you couldn't find missing symbols that create and ABI
change, then chances that missing symbols in other archs are safe to ignore.

But take into account that I'm writing all this out of pure empiric trials,
which are clearly not enough to assert it.

Kinds regards, Lisandro.

--
Wiki participants are, by nature, a pedantic, ornery, and unreasonable bunch.
So there's a camaraderie here we seldom see outside of our professional

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/