Re: Description-less Packages indices

On 2012-01-22 14:28, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
Filipus Klutiero<chealer@gmail.com>  (22/01/2012):
am I missing something? The main i386 Packages.bz2 in both dists and
newdists still seems to weigh 8 MB:
http://ftp-master.debian.org/newdists/dists/sid/main/binary-i386/
http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/dists/sid/main/binary-i386/
The former is symlinked to the latter.

Ah, OK, thanks.

Next run/mirror push will update both.

This has now happened. The main i386 Packages.bz2 went from 7.7 MB to 5.5 MB.
Thanks to everyone involved here!

For what it's worth, my last indices update made me lose extended descriptions (which were showing as short descriptions in Synaptic). That was because I had
Acquire::Languages "none";
and understandably, that now causes no extended descriptions to be used at all. For those who want to keep using English descriptions, changing this to
Acquire::Languages "en";
fixed it for me. For the record, I get stuff about Translation-fr when updating:

Ign http://ftp.ca.debian.org wheezy/contrib Translation-fr
Ign http://ftp.ca.debian.org wheezy/non-free Translation-fr
Ign http://ftp.ca.debian.org sid/contrib Translation-fr
Ign http://ftp.ca.debian.org sid/non-free Translation-fr