Re: How mature is Pkg-format 3.0 (git), yet?

On Mon, January 16, 2012 23:26, Paul Wise wrote:
>> I just wanted to ask how mature Package-format 3.0 (git) became until
>> now.
>
> It is not currently accepted by the Debian archive:
>
> http://bugs.debian.org/642801

My experience until now is that it's mature in dpkg. It does the job just
like other source formats, for me.

It's indeed not accepted in the Debian archive and also tools like Lintian
don't support it. So it depends on your goals whether you can call it
mature. It works very well for a local package I maintain.

Thijs