Re: status of DEP5: Machine-readable debian/copyright (was: Patch Tagging Guidelines: DEP-3 moved to ACCEPTED status)

On 01/17/2012 01:44 AM, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 12:14:26PM +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
>> FTR given that I got no reports of problems with DEP-3, that it's already
>> well established, I just changed the state of the DEP-3 from CANDIDATE
>> Of course this does not mean that the DEP-3 can't be extended or improved
>> (in particular when it doesn't break backwards compatibility)
>> but it does mean that this format is ready for widespread usage. Use it to
>> document the patches that you add to Debian packages:
>> http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep3/
> +1 for moving this to accepted.
Steve, since you're marked as "|Drivers" at:

could you tell what's blocking DEP5 status from
switching to ACCEPTED? Are there any more ongoing
discussions on it?

P.S: Hoping that Raphael wont mind too much that
I'm a bit hijacking his thread! :)