Re: Ownership issue when repacking source in get-orig-source target

Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> writes:

> I was concerned about an issue Charles Plessy reported in a recent
> thread on Debian Med when he realised that the directories in the
> unpacked tarball are featuring his UID/GID.

Do we care?  Most upstream distribution tarballs are likewise going to
feature random UIDs and GIDs in the tarball because that's what you get
from tar if you don't take any special precautions.  All of our software
therefore already copes with this.

The tarball already isn't reproducible without tools like pristine-tar due
to other issues with the format.