Re: Source package without a binary

Hi Guillem,

Am Samstag, den 07.01.2012, 02:40 +0100 schrieb Guillem Jover:
> That's what I did for the last posixtestsuite 1.5.2-4 upload, and
> while the “dummy” binary package might seem a bit worthless, it has
> some advantages; it keeps the maintainer build log, something the buildd
> network does not currently do, and it makes the test results, which in
> a way could be considered different to build logs, available in an
> easily installable form. The other advantage of not providing a
> foo-source binary package is that the natural way of building binary
> packages is from source packages not binary ones.

strange that it did not occur to me to look for precedence cases of a
source package shipping “only” a testsuite; thanks for pointing me to
it. I now followed that lead and packaged ghc-testsuite as a source that
generates one binary containing the test results.

Greetings,
Joachim

--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner