Switching apt-spy to native package, looking for suggestions

Hi all,
I'm working, at the end someone could note [1], on apt-spy and while asking
for a sponsor to upload my new package, I received an interesting review
by Paul Wise who spotted many errors in my package. I'm in the process
of correcting all errors and I would like to know if it is worth to
switch this package to native. If yes where is it better to keep all
sources? At present they are on github.

Stefano Canepa aka sc: sc@linux.it - http://www.stefanocanepa.it
Three great virtues of a programmer: laziness, impatience and hubris.
Le tre grandi virtù di un programmatore: pigrizia, impazienza e
arroganza. (Larry Wall)