Re: from / to /usr/: a summary
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: from / to /usr/: a summary
- From: Thomas Goirand <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2012 14:36:01 +0800
- Message-id: <[🔎] 4EFFFED1.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <20111231174912.GA11317@crustytoothpaste.ath.cx>
- References: <20111231025922.GD30223@mailgate.onlinehome-server.info> <20111231035432.GA15712@leaf> <20111231174912.GA11317@crustytoothpaste.ath.cx>
On 01/01/2012 01:49 AM, brian m. carlson wrote:
> So the only sane thing to do is not change
> the default, ever.
The other sane way is to mark files not in /etc as conffiles.
It semantically sux a bit, but if we have no choice because
of upstream decisions (which we don't have enough time to
fix), then that might be a way...