Re: from / to /usr/: a summary

* Carlos Alberto Lopez Perez <clopez@igalia.com> schrieb:

> I think that stephan is right here. Every package using files in /etc
> should ship this files in the package in order to let the admin know
> what package each file belongs to. Its very ugly to do a "dpkg -S
> /etc/xxx" and get a no path found.
>
> If some package is not doing this I think is a mistake and should be fixed.

ACK. And it's then the job of the package manager to handle
the config files properly (eg. not simply overwriting them
on on updates, instead put them to some proper location
where the admin or an admin-tool can pick them up)

cu

 phone:  +49 36207 519931  email: weigelt@metux.de
 mobile: +49 151 27565287  icq:   210169427         skype: nekrad666