Re: authbind (LD_PRELOAD) and multiarch

Le 23/12/2011 00:06, Osamu Aoki a écrit :
Hi,

On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 08:01:24PM +0100, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
This came up before for plugins, e.g. support for inputing japanese or
chinese characters. If the input plugin is installed for one
architecture it should be installed for all architectures (the plugin
using library is installed for). I suggested to have "Depends: foo:*",
an architecture specific dependency with wildcard.

Also, for such input method plugins, we have a hook and configuration script
"im-config" to initialize such input method environment while starting X.

To update im-config for multiarch, I would like to have access to following
commands without depending on the dpkg-dev package since user program depending
on -dev package is weired:

* current-library-path
   equivalent of
   $ dpkg-architecture|sed -n 's/^DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH=\(.*\)/\1/p'

can be wrote as:
dpkg-architecture -qDEB_HOST_MULTIARCH

perhaps, dpkg-architecture can be moved to multiarch-support

* installed-library-path
   list all library-path
   I do not know how to get this reliably

I do not know me neither.

I would also be interested in a way to do conversion between
gnu-triplet <-> debian arch <-> multiarch path

dpkg-architecture (with -a and -t) should allow to do the conversions
gnu-triplet <-> debian arch, gnu-triplet -> multiarch path, and
debian arch -> multiarch path
I'm missing multiarch path -> gnu-triplet (or debian arch)

For the initial problem (installed-library-path), perhaps something like:
for a in $(dpkg-architecture -L) ; do \
  d=$(dpkg-architecture -a$a -qDEB_HOST_MULTIARCH) ;\
  test -d /usr/lib/$d && echo $d ;\
done

  Regards,
    Vincent

I hope someone package this along with extend-library-path

If such dependency pulls in differenrt set of input method for different
architecture, I wonder what will happen and how to deal with such case.
(For now, they all use the same input method and set environment
variable for that one)

This is something that could use some native english speaker to write a
proposal/specs for with some examples where it is needed. Any takers?

Yes.

(I guess since we are talking spec, there is no tools such as apt-get nor
aptitude to manage such dependencies.)

Osamu

--
Vincent Danjean       GPG key ID 0x9D025E87         vdanjean@debian.org
GPG key fingerprint: FC95 08A6 854D DB48 4B9A  8A94 0BF7 7867 9D02 5E87