/etc/mtab and /lib/init/rw migration; libpam-mount breakage

On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 08:54:14PM +0000, Roger Leigh wrote:
> The above have been mentioned a few times during the course of the
> year, but we're now at the point where all the prerequisites have
> been satisfied, and there are no blockers present to proceed.
>
> I've put a proposed set of packages at
>   http://people.debian.org/~rleigh/sysvinit/
> which I plan to upload to experimental soon, and then to unstable
> following some testing.

These packages have now been uploaded to unstable, following some
small fixes.  /etc/mtab and /lib/init/rw will be migrated and
removed, respectively, on upgrade.

Note that if you're a user of libpam-mount, the Breaks on libpam-mount
in initscripts will prevent you upgrading unless you remove it.  This
is because it requires a new upstream version which has not yet been
packaged (#622693, #652473, #652474).  No response from the actual
package maintainer.

If you're a user of libpam-mount, I've put packages of libhx and
libpam-mount here:
  http://people.debian.org/~rleigh/libhx/
  http://people.debian.org/~rleigh/pam_mount/
There's some obscure bug in the upstream src/Makefile.am though--it's
missing libcryptsetup and OpenSSL libs when linking, which causes
link failures.  The actual Makefile looks like it's correct though,
so not sure what's wrong.  If anyone who uses is wants to fix that,
that's all (I think) that's blocking their upload.

Regards,
Roger

--
  .''`.  Roger Leigh