Re: Getting dh_install to do what we need

[Kees Cook]
> This doesn't work with source-format-1 packages without adding
> "chmod" lines for the scripted debhelper config files in the rules
> file. Perhaps this isn't a big deal since we should all be using
> source-format-3 anyway.

We should?  I prefer to think of this whole debacle as yet another
reason to never switch to format 3.  So long as I stay with format 1,
"features" like this one will never come back to bite me.

(Well, yes, it could still happen to me with native packages.  But
that's a much smaller attack surface than if I used format 3.)