Re: directory under /usr/bin -- Ok or not?

Le vendredi 04 novembre 2011 à 21:21 +0000, Ben Hutchings a écrit :
> It's not a GNU invention; I believe it derives from BSD.

I stand corrected. That doesn’t make it have any more sense, though.

> Apparently it's for executables that don't belong in the path (rarely
> used from interactive shells or scripts).

We already have $pkglibdir and $pkgdatadir for those. There is no
technical need for a new directory in /usr, and it doesn’t improve
anything for users.

--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette
: :' :