Re: RE : Re: Proxy compliance and assistance.

On Thu, 22 Sep 2011 at 18:31:46 +0200, Bastien ROUCARIES wrote:
> See libproxy package

> Le 22 sept. 2011 12:10, "Simon McVittie" <smcv@debian.org> a écrit :
> In GLib-based applications, connecting using GSocketClient while having
> glib-networking installed will automatically use a configured proxy

FYI, that currently uses libproxy behind the scenes, although I think there
might be plans to make it use pacrunner instead/as well. libproxy is fine
as a way to get proxy support too.

Using the facilities in GLib is probably better for already-GLib-based
projects, though, since it's implementation-neutral and makes sure to do the
Javascript stuff out-of-process (proxy auto-configuration needs a Javascript
interpreter!), both for performance (one Javascript-engine instance shared
between apps) and stability (you really don't want two incompatible versions
of libmozjs, or the Webkit equivalent, in your process space).