Re: alternative dependency ordering - with respect of packages in main

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 5:18 AM, Bruce Sass wrote:

> Would once be fine, or should contrib/non-free users need to make an explicit
> choice every first time a package outside of Main is an installation
> candidate?

s/first// but yes.

As a user of contrib/non-free I specifically only want packages from
there when I choose them directly.

Anything else would be against policy and IMO the social contract.

> Debian already favours Main packages by default and the sysadmin/user must
> explicitly choose to add Contrib and Non-free to the sources.list if they want
> packages from those archives--why isn't that a good enough flag of the
> sysadmin/user's dependency solving preferences?

In my case, I have non-free for GNU documentation and firmware only. I
do not want anything else from non-free to be pulled in.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise