Re: making encrypted $HOME as easy and convenient as possible

On 12/09/11 10:12 +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
[ecryptfs as /home]
True. At the same time, it exposes quite a lot of information, e.g.
structure of the tree. I don't know how much of that could be used
in a plain-text attack.

Ack.

Note, however, that I don't really know ecryptfs. I only briefly
looked at encfs and was horrified by some of its design choices.
Maybe ecryptfs is better. Meanwhile, however, I chose to stay with
dm-crypt, which simply seems saner.

I use ecryptfs when storing files on a 3rd party
server, like dropbox and full disk encryption with
luks and dm-crypt for my laptop and workstation.
They are there for different use cases.

regards
Rolf

--
Cowardice asks the question, 'Is it safe?' Expediency asks the question, 'Is it
politic?' Vanity asks the question, 'Is it popular?' But, conscience asks the