Re: bits from the DPL for August 2011

On Wed, Sep 07, 2011 at 04:18:02PM +0200, Paul Wise wrote:
> > A mildly related discussion has happened on -devel [5]. The bottom line
> > is simple: if you're maintaining a service which has some kind of web
> > interface, please ensure the page footer has links to the source and
> > relevant BTS page
>
> Added this to the Debian wiki configuration. Also added a link to the
> wiki page for the wiki team.

Great, thanks!

> s/boring/interesting/
>
> I wonder if you would consider publishing those snippets which are
> publishable onto your microblogging platform of choice?

In principle, yes, I'd love to.

Practically, the main problem in doing so is that I'd lose the advantage
of decoupling those logs with d-d-a reports. I.e. the fact that I can
use the logs as a raw dump, without worrying too much about stuff like
form or whether I'm doing a spoiler for a forthcoming announcement
(risking that the Press team will kill me :-)). I try to post on
identi.ca bits-like stuff tagged with #dpl, but I'm not particularly
good at keeping up with that…

Cheers.