Re: DEP5: proposed versioned url for Format: does not work

On Mon, Sep 05, 2011 at 05:56:25PM +0100, Lars Wirzenius wrote:
> > This is a minor issue,but I would propose to change it to
> >   http://svn.debian.org/viewvc/dep/web/deps/dep5.mdwn?revision=REVISION
> > if the Format field should point to a specific svn version of the
> > document. However, as far as I understand from [1,2], one might expect a
> > more readable and stable url as soon as #609160 is fixed.
>
> DEP5 is in the process of being incorporated into the debian-policy
> package, and once that is finished, there will be a stable URL to
> the spec (with a version number in the URL), something like
>
>     http://www.debian.org/debian-policy/copyright-format/1.0/
>
> (But don't use that, since it's not working and might be different
> from the real one when it actually happens.)
>
> Prior to that, I prefer to not change the spec to incorporate
> ever-growing numbers of example URLs (especially since when we
> did that, people complained about that, too).
>
> Until that happens, please use whatever URL you like. I use
> http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep5/ myself.
Note that some people think that http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep5/ is not a
versioned URL and so it doesn't comply to the DEP5 requirement (and while
DDs can use whatever URLs they like, other people need to guess what URLs
does their sponsor count as valid).

--
WBR, wRAR