Re: A few observations about systemd

2011/7/21 Marco d'Itri <md@linux.it>:
>> I don't think the purpose of your question is concluding the debate, I
>> think it just tries to enforce your point of view by presenting your
>> goal as an accepted premise.
> It still looks like an interesting question to me

Of course it looks interesting to you.  It is a question designed to
assign 100% of the burden on someone else.

Now if the question was:

<quote>
If portability was made a mandatory requirement for an init system to
be adopted,
would the systemd porters be willing to implement everything needed
to support on non-Linux ports the packages using a non-traditional init
configuration, in the way they consider appropriate and without causing
a significant burden on the port maintainers?
I think that a clear statement from the systemd maintainers about this
would help concluding this debate.
</quote>

that wouldn't be an interesting question would it?

--
Robert Millan