Re: [Lennart Poettering] Re: A few observations about systemd

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 08:25:19PM +0000, Uoti Urpala wrote:
> Even if you disagree about systemd upstream's views on portability that does
> not change the quality of the software and how it performs on Linux. IMO
> attitudes like "if upstream holds such heretical views then their software is
> not fit for use on any platform" are not justified.

Debian is the 'Universal' operating system, and many of our developers
(including myself) pride themselves on that. We port to many
architectures, we port to multiple kernels. It's one of the defining
features of Debian: you can run it /anywhere/

In that light, an init replacement that is non-portable is not quite
interesting.

I didn't say systemd is "not fit for use on any platform". I just said
it's not fit for Debian.

the following formula:

pi zz a