Re: [Lennart Poettering] Re: A few observations about systemd

]] Gergely Nagy

| FYI, there are upstreams who provide initscripts in their source
| package. systemd is yet another burden on them that they have to
| maintain, and makes their lives miserable.

You make it sound like systemd requires you to make an extra effort to
make stuff work.  It doesn't.  SystemV initscripts work just fine.  If
you want to do stuff like socket activation and so on you need to make
an extra effort, but that is in no way required to use systemd.  While
the support for sysvinit scripts can be compiled out of systemd I have
absolutely no plans to do so for the overseeable future, if ever.

Cheers,
--
Tollef Fog Heen