Re: A few observations about systemd

On Jul 19, Ian Jackson <ijackson@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:

> What they do provide is healthy competition for Linux.  There are
> reasons why some users prefer the BSD kernel to Linux.
Can you cite some?
I can think about a few (networking-related) features which could make
me want to use a Debian/kOpenBSD, but what is the point of kFreeBSD?

> There are some serious problems with the Linux kernel.  I still run it
> but I am much more comfortable that there is a choice.
There are some serious problems with more or less everything, so this is
not a compelling argument.

> I don't know how many Debian kFreeBSD users there are.  But neither do
> you.
The fact that we have not heard from them should be a big enough clue...

--
ciao,
Marco