Re: [Lennart Poettering] Re: A few observations about systemd

Uoti Urpala <uoti.urpala@pp1.inet.fi> writes:

> I think the important question is whether portability to other kernels
> is or should be a "project's goal", and how much else you're willing to
> lose for the sake of that goal.

I believe that it should be, and I'm willing to lose systemd for that
goal, although hopefully it wouldn't come to that.

> I know I would personally be a lot happier with a Debian that supports
> systemd functionality than with a Debian that can run on a BSD kernel.

Well, while we're putting stakes in the ground, I suppose I'll hammer mine
in there as well.  I completely disagree to the point that I would take
that to a GR.

Thankfully, I suspect this will be a false dichotomy.