Re: A few observations about systemd

>> What if next year $upstream_of_an_important_package decides that he only
>> cares about amd64 and arm? The rest of the world is obsolete anyway...
>
> What about also embeded marked ? Projection says what consumer will
> use more embeded software than desktop in the next  years.
> Systemd seems pretty non modular and too heavy weight for this, at
> least for now.

It's actually lighter than sysvinit, from what I've seen so far, but my
experiences are fairly limited.

Furthermore, on embedded systems where it doesn't make sense to use
systemd, most probably sysvinit makes even less sense, and they're using
a custom init anyway.

But I'm not an embedded guy, the closest thing I have is my router,
which is using busybox's init, to the best of my knowledge.