Buggy/Stable java program (craftbukkit), possible ITP?

Hey all,

Available online is a game server called craftbukkit.  It is effectively
an LGPL rewrite of the closed source Minecraft server.  It is widely
used to run game servers, and I feel many users would benefit from a
package containing the builds pre-setup to run correctly. (As it stands,
server installation can be tricky for those not knowledgeable in Java.)

This is all well and good, but the issue comes here:

The software is currently under development and unreleased.  That being
said, its developer builds are still very stable.  However, given such a
large game (feature/game-play possibility wise), quite a few bugs do
crop up.  These bugs are inherently issues with the game/gameplay and
are not easily fixed by anyone but the bukkit devs.  My question boils
down to this: Would it be outside the realm of possibility to package
such a program and only accept bugs that have to do with its Debian
specific packaging?

The bugs are resolved rather fast by upstream, usually being fixed
within a week.  For this reason, my first thought would be to keep the
package in unstable and keep a steady flow of updates.

I haven't seen any packages like this one, but I can't say I led an
extensive search either.  If anyone knows of one, point me towards it so
I can take a look!

Looking forward to everyone's input,
--
Luke Cycon <lcycon@gmail.com>