Re: Multiarch in Debian unstable

On 27 June 2011 20:54, Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> wrote:
> Next steps for maintainers
> ==========================
>
> If you are a maintainer of a shared library package, you can convert it to
> multiarch today following the instructions in the Debian wiki:
>
>  http://wiki.debian.org/Multiarch/Implementation
>
> If you have any questions about the multiarchification of libraries, please
> don't hesitate to ask on debian-devel@lists.debian.org.

I have converted Heimdal. Correctly I hope! Unfortunately, by
uploading this I will cause short term breakage to other packages. e.g
libpam-krb5 debian/rules has:

LDFLAGS=-L/usr/lib/heimdal

If I got this right it now needs to be changed to:

LDFLAGS=-L/usr/lib/$(DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH)/heimdal

Should I upload anyway and try to identify packages that this breaks? Or what?

Oh, in anticipation of the obvious question: *.so files get installed
in /usr/lib/$(DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH)/heimdal not
/usr/lib/$(DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH) to make it possible to install Heimdal
and MIT KRB5 libraries and the same time.
--
Brian May <brian@microcomaustralia.com.au>