Re: Multiarch and D-Bus

On Fri, 01 Jul 2011 at 10:06:34 +0200, Bastien ROUCARIES wrote:
> Even dark corner like double endianess ?

Doubles are byteswapped in exactly the same way as int64, I hope that's
correct everywhere? (dbus/dbus-marshal-byteswap.c around line 73.)

To be more specific: D-Bus assumes that doubles are IEEE-754, in the same
byte order as integers - so all LE architectures have the same double format
as an i386, and all BE architectures have the same double format
as a powerpc. Do we have any architectures where this isn't true?

If we do, then D-Bus over TCP was already non-interoperable on those
architectures; and I've seen similar assumptions in other packages, so
if such architectures exist, D-Bus won't be the only thing that's wrong.