Re: Fading away an old ABI transition

OoO En cette  soirée bien amorcée du dimanche 19  juin 2011, vers 22:38,
Peter Samuelson <peter@p12n.org> disait :

>> Or is it better to keep this prefix until a new major version
>> (unlikely to happen)?

> Maybe ask the maintainers of the 'zlib1g' package for advice.  That 'g'
> suffix is from an ABI transition in September 1997.

> (:

> In all seriousness, Julien is right - this is not worth a package
> transition.  Just wait for the next ABI bump.  And if there never is
> one, oh well.

Good to know. Since there is almost no "ldbl" package left, I was afraid
I  have missed  something about  those  ABI transitions.   I will  watch
zlib1g and  I understand that  as soon as  the "g" suffix is  dropped, I
have ten years to drop mine. ;-)
--
Vincent Bernat ☯ http://www.luffy.cx

# Okay, what on Earth is this one supposed to be used for?
        2.4.0 linux/drivers/char/cp437.uni