Re: kernel module i915 - 3d-acceleration missing after update

> Clearly you didn't search for i915_dri.so or swrast_dri.so, which would
> have given the answer trivially. (And cFWIW, we have bugs for that
> already.) That's a matter which has been communicated upon [1,2]. And
> well, when it comes to X, [3] applies (instead of mailing dd@…).
>
>  1. http://blog.mraw.org/2011/06/14/mesa_a_disturbance_in_the_Force/
>  2. http://blog.mraw.org/2011/06/18/mesa_a_disturbance_in_the_Force/
>  3. http://pkg-xorg.alioth.debian.org/howto/report-bugs.html
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Mraw,
> KiBi.

Well, I thought the problem is not related to i915, as this is part of the
kernel, and I did not change the kernel. It was xserver-xorg-core, which was
updated. Additionally I was unsure, if this was really a bug, so I just
intended to remark this strange behaviour, targeted to developers, as IMO they
are the only ones which know, what they changed.

The further discussion will be continued at debian-user or debian-eeepc.

Best regards

Hans