Re: distinguish between "core" and "main"?

* Harald Dunkel <harri@afaics.de> [110605 18:02]:
> Only core/stable should be released. The "rest" comes from
> main/testing.
>
> I cannot speak for others, but I don't wait 3 years. I do
> regular updates/upgrades to include the most recent security
> and bug fixes. We've scheduled regular maintenance weekends
> every 3 months for this. Important updates are installed
> immediately.

And have to explain every user every 3 months that their browser is
now looking slightly different and their window manager is behaving
differently and all the other programs no longer do what they want?

There is simply no way to test stuff and get enough bugs out of the
installation in only 3 months. Having some software newer is possible
if one is enough into those projects to understand what exactly is
changing, but everything else is core, and as every admin is interested
about different things, all of Debian has to be core to be useful.

	Bernhard R. Link