Re: network-manager as default? No!

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 03:23:32PM +0200, Josselin Mouette wrote:
NM may be good for laptops, so put it in the laptop task and leave the
rest alone in the default installation.
And keep the installer unable to do things as widespread as WPA?
And keep it unable to generate a proper configuration for laptops?

How many systems are needing WLAN for installation?
Servers don’t have WLAN, I never have seen a Desktop with WLAN (neither in companies nor private PCs). I only have WLAN in laptops. And since I only have Intel WiFi, d-i never was able to use it because I need non-free firmware (no fault of d-i, mind you, non-free is non-free, which is a part why I don’t like WLAN).

But if you think that is so important, put N-M in d-i and activate it if the user wants to use WLAN for installation. But don’t install it if the user doesn’t explicitly ask for it.

Shade and sweet water!

	Stephan

--
| Stephan Seitz             E-Mail: stse@fsing.rootsland.net |