Re: Old Release goal: Getting rid of unneeded *.la / emptying dependency_libs

Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> (03/04/2011):
> In addition to changing dh-make to not install .la files by default,
> as has already been suggested in this thread, I think we should look
> to get the desired behavior out of the common helpers (dh and cdbs)
> by default.

As a guy who added something like the following in several dozens of
packages, I can tell you I'd be more than happy if $stuff would do the
job for me (unless told not to):
| # Kill *.la files, and forget no-one:
| override_dh_install:
| 	find debian/tmp -name '*.la' -delete
| 	dh_install --fail-missing

I have no useful idea to share about the practical implementation, but
for the general idea:
  Acked-by: Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org>

KiBi.